View Your Cart
Couture - Design your Own
Custom Couture Bridal Veil and Fascinator - Made to Order
> Custom Couture Bridal Veil and Fascinator - Made to Order
Bring your unique wedding vision and style to life with a custom Ellen Marie couture veil and headpiece design, made to order per your specifications. Describe your perfect birdcage veil and fascinator style to Ellen Marie, or provide images of your bridal gown or other inspiration, and Ellen will handcraft a totally original design just for you! Just use the email link below to contact me and we can get started sharing your design vision.
Birdcage Veil Options:
I can make any birdcage veil or bridal fascinator headpiece, hat, or headdress to your specifications. Here are some standard designs and lengths.
Bandeau style veil
- worn straight across the face with one comb on either side of your head. May be worn flat, or gathered and pinned into place at top or sides using bobby pins. Or, the veil can be gathered and sewn in the center at your request. See the "Bettie" veil style for an example.
Short cap style veil
- a shorter veil that just covers the forehead or part of one eye. May be worn straight or at an angle over one eye. Attaches with one comb. I can do this veil in a super short forehead veil (flapper veil) that just brushes the top of your eyebrow, as well.
Full cage blusher veil
- available in lengths from 11 inches to 18 inches to allow you to choose the edge line: as a shorter style with the edge of the veil line falling at your nose, or chin, or a poufier full head veil that covers your entire face. See the "Eva" veil style for an example, but note that the veil can be customized per your request. Attaches using a single comb and may be worn straight or at an angle.
- a short and narrow strip birdcage veil that just covers the eyes. Like the Bettie, it attaches with two combs, one on each side of the head: or, it may even be worn as a headband if desired.
Classic tulle veil
- I can also do traditional tulle bridal veils if you prefer that look over the birdcage veil netting: or even a combination tulle and birdcage look. Pairing a floor length tulle bridal veil or a cathedral veil attached to the back of the head or above a bun with a feather fascinator or hair flower is a lovely style that allows you to have the best of both worlds.
All veils are available in white, ivory, black, champagne, or custom dyed colors, with or without tiny Swarovski crystal accents. Birdcage veils are made with Russian netting (1/4 inch diamond pattern). Vintage french veiling, Merrywidow (1/2 inch diamond pattern) English Netting, Tulle, and other veiling materials may be available - please request availability and pricing. Vintage and antique materials are available in limited supply and may not always be readily available without lead time for order.
Fascinator/Hair Flower Options:
I will work with you to produce a design that incorporates your requested design elements in any size or scale from small, dainty, and feminine, to bold and sophisticated.
Design Options Include:
Feathers, tulle, birdcage veiling (French net), Swarovski crystal button accents, pearls, beads, findings, brooches, silk flowers, vintage findings, and even antique lace. Share your vision with Ellen Marie and she will work with you to design something truly unique and special.
The base price for a custom designed, one-of-a-kind couture Ellen Marie birdcage veil with feather/flower fascinator with a veil included, is $158.00. This is the total price unless you request special "extras": any additional materials (such as genuine antique brooches or vintage findings) may be added on and paid for after discussion and approval of the design concept. Once we discuss your style vision, I work up designs and photos will be sent for your approval. Once a custom design has been approved and shipped, there are no refunds, which is standard practice with couture bridal accessories. However, you may return the piece for modifications or exchange if you are not happy with it once you try it on.
If you have questions prior to placing your order, please contact Ellen Marie directly bv email at EllenMariePDX[at]gmail.com.
When you are ready to begin your custom order, you will be required to either pay in full, or you have the choice to place a non-refundable deposit of $50.00. Once I have your deposit, I will gather your ideas and information, and the balance of the order will be due upon completion and your approval of the designs. To place your custom order deposit, use this link:
IMPORTANT - You must provide a valid email address or other contact information upon placement of your order so Ellen can work with you on your design. Please add a note when making payment, or contact EllenMariePDX@gmail.com after placing your order. Ellen Marie will contact you within one business day (unless otherwise specified), to begin discussing your design concept and determining the appropriate style and sizing of your veil. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your custom order to be completed, unless an expedited delivery date has been discussed and approved. Thank you.
Full Head Cage Veil
Other (not sure-will email)
Color (will email)
Specify one or more options to be used as design elements~Silk Flower (specify flower type, or will email for your requests)~Feather Flower~Birdcage veil swatch accents~Swarovski crystal button center~Genuine vintage findings~Beads (will email)~Lace (specify or will email)~Brooch center (will email for details)~Other accents (will email for requests)
Specify one or more of the following feather types to be used as design elements: peacock ~ bleached peacock (tan/ivory), ostrich feather fringe ~ round feather petals ~ stripped coque accents ~ Other feathers (will email for requests)
Web Site Links